CGK works with clients by performing a comprehensive targeted search for potential acquisitions. We work with individuals or synergistic buyers looking for additions to their main business. CGK capitalizes on its experience on the sell-side to find and structure an acquisition. Through our network and professional affiliations, CGK can access transactions throughout the U.S. that others are unaware of. This presents our clients with opportunities that would not normally be available.
We use a comprehensive approach to search for and acquire a company. Below are the steps we use to assist a client in purchasing a business:
- Prepare an in-depth analysis to define the search criteria.
- Utilize databases, contacts in the industry, and professionals to identify the best candidates.
- Initiate communication with the potential targets and perform preliminary due diligence to determine if the target is a good fit.
- Analyze the data to determine offering price and optimal structure for the transaction.
- Manage the due diligence process working with the clients’ accountant and attorney.
- Work with the attorneys to close the transaction.
- Assist clients with transactional issues and integration.